Each fiscal year, Crook County gives set funds to the Fairgrounds to, at the discretion of the Fair Board, help offset rental costs.The Process:
The Fair Board is Looking for:
- Fill out the Rental Fee Reduction Proposal and return it to the Crook County Fairgrounds office. If you would like reductions for a series of events, please note that on the proposal.
- The proposal is presented at the upcoming Fair Board meeting (the third Monday of each month). A copy of the proposal is given to each Board member. You are welcome to attend the meeting to present your proposal yourself.
- The Board discusses and votes on how much, of any, of the Rental Fee Reduction budget is to be used for your event.
- Fairgrounds staff will notify you of the decision within a week after the Fair Board meeting. The rental contract will be adjusted to reflect the fee reduction(s).
- Events that bring in visitors from out of town
- Events that support marginalized communities in Crook County
- Events that generate funds that benefit the residents of Crook County or are invested back into the community
- Events that generate revenue for the Fairgrounds through means other than facility use fees (i.e. stall rentals, camping, commissions on food/alcohol vendors, etc.)